Hilary’s anticipated impact on Southern California, prompted several shelters to open this weekend to house those in need.
The system is expected to deliver inclement weather Sunday. Thunderstorms, wind, and flooding are expected across SoCal as a large portion of the region remains under a tropical storm warning – a first for Southern California.
The following locations will open as shelters due to the historic storm:
- North Hollywood Recreation Center | 11430 Chandler Blvd., North Hollywood, CA 91601
- Lake View Terrace Recreation Center | 11075 Foothill Blvd., Lake View Terrace, CA 91342
- Lanark Park | 21816 Lanark St. Canoga Park, CA 91304
- Glassell Recreation Center | 3650 Verdugo Rd., Los Angeles, CA 90065
- Yosemite Recreation Center | 1840 Yosemite D., Los Angeles, CA 90041
- South LA Activity Center | 7020 S Figueroa St., Los Angeles, CA 90003
- Silverado Park | 1545 W 31st St., Long Beach, CA 90810 (for Catalina Island residents and visitors only)