Health and Public Safety
- Coffee with a Cop (James B will need to confirm and/or provide more details IF this was an LBNC sponsored event)
- Assist stakeholders to form Neighborhood Watch Groups to help stakeholders feel part of the neighborhood.
- Provided NW signs for community NW groups.
- Provided “Watch the Road” and/or “Slow Street” Signs to the community.
- Provided Illegal Fireworks signs to the community.
- Provided free CPR & AED Training to the community (this has since been discontinued).
- Provided funds the West Valley VCP program to purchase uniforms for their volunteers.
- LBNC funded two (2) large storage bins full of emergency preparedness supplies; one bin is located at Stagg Street School, and the other bin is located at the Woodley Lakes Golf Course.
- LBNC donates money each year to the annual Valley Disaster Preparedness Fair put on by the Southern California Preparedness Foundation .
- CERT classes (Linda P will need to confirm and/or provide more details)
- The $50,000 Neighborhood Emergency Plan (NEP)
- Strategy and Supplies Committees have formed the framework of our NEP Neighborhood Emergency Plan
- Education/Outreach has given 4 presentations extending awareness
- The LBNC has hosted two very important trainings. The first was the CERT Training program held on two Saturdays which 35 people received CERT certificates. The second was a CPR class & Pet CPR attended by approximately 26 people.
Marketing and Outreach
- LBNC partnered with the Council District 6 office to hold a community clean up in Lake Balboa at the median at Balboa and Strathern on September 7, 2019.
- LBNC supported a Community Outreach Booth at the Lake Balboa Block Party on September 28, 2019.
- LBNC sponsored a Bassett St. Elementary Ice Cream Social with lots of ice cream, LBNC meet and greet, community art project, shred truck, and Bassett Principal & Staff meet and greet, on October 19, 2019.
- LBNC sponsored a Stagg Street Elementary Movie Night (TOY STORY) themed photo op on November 8, 2019.
- LBNC sponsored a LAUSD Board District 3 Candidate Forum on February 15, 2020.
- Advisory work on Victory/Balboa intersection change proposals
- Advisory work on several development projects in boundaries
- Creation of a Neighborhood Land Use Plan by 12/1/07
- Groundwork for a LA Public Library in our boundaries
Lake Balboa Neighborhood Council
- West Valley LAPDs Annual National Night Out
- Annual Senior Symposiums at ONE GENERATION
- Spring Egg Hunt at Balboa Sports Complex (Recreation & Parks)
- Movie in the Park (Recreation & Parks)
- Assemblymember Adrin Nazarian’s Annual Elementary School Chess Tournament at High Tech LA
- CATS Walk
- Models of Pride Conference
- Mural Projects on Haskell between Vanowen & Victory (Allen N will need to confirm and/or provide more details)
- Shred Truck Events (Jim S will need to provide more details)
- Other Clean-ups in the community
- Shred events
- Money to schools for computers/iPads
- Fulfilled many NPGs benefiting & serving the residents, students, & business within the LB community